TO LIST, OR NOT TO LIST?...
An argument can made for nearly anything but the following is really something to consider. This time of year a common thing we hear from our sellers is that they want to hold off listing their home until after the “Holidays” or wait for the “Spring Market”. Many people have heard in the past that the best time to sell is in the Spring. Because most people think this way, more homes come off the market and less new listings come on the market. The result is a dramatic reduction in available homes for the buyers to choose from. Here are TEN tips as to why NOW is actually a great time to list your home for sale.
- Inventory levels drop between now and the end of the year. The buyers have fewer choices during the Holidays. Less competition may mean more money for you the Seller!
- Inventory levels will dramatically increase starting in January/ February. They ALWAYS do! The buyers will have more choices. More competition means less money for you!
- The Buyers are more serious. People are busy this time of year. Any buyers out there are motivated and serious!
- January is a popular month of the year for employees to begin new jobs. These relocation buyers are looking now. They cannot wait until the Spring to buy. You must be on the market now to capture these highly motivated buyers who have a limited time to find a home.
- Buyers have more time off during the Holidays than they do during the rest of the year. If you’re not on the market, they can’t see your listing.
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays People make decisions to buy homes with emotion!
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
- You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the days showings would create problems for you.
- We can arrange for a extended occupancy or closing date well after the New Year so you needn’t move during the holidays and take pressure off buying.
- Sell HIGH. Buy LOW! By selling now, you have an opportunity to buy after the Holidays, when many more houses are on the market!